- public transport,
- indoor spaces on boats
The Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority released a COVID19 update. The new aviation directives extend restrictions on domestic and international flights until March 21st.
These restrictions are part of the Greek government’s efforts to control the spread of COVID19 in the country.
1. Negative COVID19 test result
All air travelers arriving in Greece must submit
– a vaccination certificate, stating that 14 days have passed since full vaccination for Covid-19
– a negative PCR test performed less than three days (72 hours) – a negative antigen (rapid) certificate taken no longer than 48 hours before arrival
– a certificate stating that one has recovered from the coronavirus – a Digital COVID Certificate in digital or print form which will contain information on whether passengers have been vaccinated against Covid-19 or have a negative PCR test result or have recovered from the virus.
- Children under the age of 12
- If the traveler was tested positive with COVID-19 in the past 30 to 180 days no proof of a negative PCR test is required . This can be proved either by presenting a positive PCR molecular or an antigen test result performed by an authorized laboratory or a medical certificate confirming that the holder was tested positive with SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. The certificate is issued 30 days after the day of the first positive COVID-19 test and is valid for 180 days after it.
May also randomly be requested to take a rapid COVID19 test upon entry. In case a passenger is selected for a rapid test and is positive then he/she must quarantine for a total of 14 days.
2. 7-day quarantine for all arrivals
All air passengers entering Greece from abroad must quarantine themselves for 7 days. Either at their home, either at the place of temporary residence declared on the submitted PLF. If they are to stay in Greece for a shorter period of 7 days, the quarantine restriction is valid until their departure.
The temporary ban of arrivals to Greece from outside the European Union has been recently updated too. Only citizens traveling for essential reasons from the following countries are counted out: EU & Schengen Area countries, Northern Macedonia, USA, UK, Canada, Bahrain, Israel, Serbia, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, Kuwait, Ukraine, China, Belarus, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and the Russian Federation. They also qualify for exemption from mandatory quarantine always considering that they have a negative PCR test and they have a vaccination certificate issued by a public authority (14 days to have gone by before the travel).
PLF no more required
The submission of the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) by all the incoming passengers to Greece is no more required.
The directive also applies to Greek citizens or permanent residents of Greece who travel abroad. They are not obliged to complement the PLF form before their departure from Greece and present it at border checkpoints.
Vaccines which have not been approved by the European Medicines Agency (Sputnik, Sinovac, etc.) also exempt visitors from the obligation of a negative PCR test.
Acceptable Vaccines in Greece
Astra Zeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson + Johnson, Novavax, Sinovac, Sputnik, Sinopharm
PCR COVID Test in Rhodes
PCR COVID tests are available in the following diagnostic centers:
- RODOS MEDICAL CARE – (Krito Building) Metaxa Ioanni 3, Rhodes, Tel.: +30224103800
- KAVADA IRENE – Konstandinou Idreou 30, Analipsi, Rhodes Tel.: +302241021120
- MED LIFE – 7th km Rodou-Lindou, Tel.: +302241060282
- EUROMEDICA GENERAL CLINIC – Koskinou, Kallithea, Tel.: +30 22410 45000
- AFANDOU ANALYSIS – Panormiti Ramou 53, Afandou, Tel.: +30 22410 53350
- FOUTOULI-PAPANASTASOPOULOU MARIA – Arhaggelos, Tel.: +30 22440 24088
- ZANETTOULIS DIMITRIOS – Pefkoi, Tel.: +30 22440 48567
- MED LIFE – Kiotari, 85109 South Rhodes, Tel.: +30 22440 42050
Check also an user-friendly tool to Covid19 travel restrictions worldwide —–> canitravel.net
NOTE: All of the measures are subject to change. Contact the authorities before any action of yours.